Monday 19 December 2011

"Life isn't a tiptoe through the tulips"
~Shannon Hoon


Today was rather uneventful.  Mandi decided to have toast for breakfast, which is somewhat uncustomary since, more often than not, she is content with muesli alone. I, on the other hand, always begin my day with two slices of bread, lightly toasted and heavily buttered.  At this point, as I am very aware that I may have already started to bore you, I would like to apologise and ask that you bear with me. All this toast-talk is for a reason. Mandi and I are currently staying with a wonderful lady called June, who happens to own a wonderful toaster. I just wanted to share this with you (I am also aware that even the most mundane objects delight me, so I understand if this isn't as engrossing for you as it is for me):

Mandi went for lunch at the Sardo Cucina, where she had a frittata and a hot chocolate. I, meanwhile, was left to potter around the house, then around Sainsbury's, and then around the house again.  
Sardo Cucina, 112 Whitfield Street W1T 5EE (map)

Once we were reunited, our minds turned once again to food, specifically an almost out-of-date lasagne and two very much out-of-date chicken kievs with some moderately out-of-date green vegetables. I had been so busy pottering that I completely forgot to eat lunch, and so I had my microwaveable lasagne while Mandi put the kievs in the oven.  
Half an hour later, my lasagne was just about finished and the kievs were just about done.  Today was one of those days when I ate my meals in quicker succession than is perhaps appropriate.  So we all had a plum to make ourselves feel healthier, then a few Munchies that Mandi picked up from the corner store.
Actually, I don't even know why I'm bothering to write anything for today. I didn't go anywhere, or see anything.  I just sat around and read and ate.  Fortunately, Mandi provided some art for me to look at, by arranging some dying tulips in a heart formation on June's kitchen floor, before pressing them.  So here's something pretty for all of you to look at.
amandaflynn.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. I want that toaster! Does it play music while the slices of bread dance in and out of the toaster?

    ReplyDelete